Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pug Nationals

Below Jasper and Sidney are hanging out in their hotel room at The Village Inn & Golf Resort in Clemmons, North Carolina. They took over that king size bed in abandonment.



My dream was not realized at Nationals, a second CDX leg. We were so close but no cookie. Jasper qualified on all the exercises in Open A but the broad jump. He absolutely knows this exercise and has even scored perfect scores on this exercise at past competitions.

We did Rally Novice and got our fourth leg. My purpose was to get Jasper accustomed to the ring environment prior to his Open A run thru.

Our next shot at another CDX leg will be at the Salisbury Dog Show and The Missipillion Dog Show November 6th and 8th.

5 comments:

Margie said...

I wasn't able to make Nationals this year with my gang but next year in Ohio for sure for agility. And we might even try Rally. :-)

westoverpugs said...

We'll be there in OH too, probably just for agility.....can't seem to motivate myself to train obedience.

The Pug Boys said...

I probably won't make it to Ohio. Jasper should have his CDX title by then and he won't be ready to show in utility. I don't plan on showing Sidney in Novice until I have him trained through most of Utility. So I'm hoping to have Sidney ready for the 2011 Nationals in Rhode Island.

Rally is fun and much more relaxed. You can talk to your dog and be silly with your voice.

Jesse, if you did obedience, I know you would excel at it. Your a natural at training. Your guys have the fundamentals and a strong bond with you.

I've been entering little Sidney at Show-n-go's in open. All the exercises are informal for right now. My focus is on drive, motivation, confidence building. He has a blast in the ring. He has such speed on all the exercises. I hope this doesn't change as he gets older.

westoverpugs said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but Have you ever heard my dogs when "working"? I've got a bunch of loud mouths, I've allowed it and even encouraged it. I know they're having fun when they're running and barking their heads off. Indy's a quiet worker, that's one way I know she's still figuring the whole game out.

And Kittie can't keep her feet on the ground.....I can just see the looks we'd get at an obedience trial.

Loud & Proud!

The Pug Boys said...

Yes, they do take points off for barking or whining in the obedience ring. But they should give your guys bonus points for cuteness.

Now really, I don't agree with the AKC rules on the lost of points for dogs making noise. Dogs are dogs. This is how they communicate. I've seen dogs compete in agility that bark the entire run.

To me, the dog is experiencing great joy. Isn't this what it's all about. I get chills hearing & seeing a dog who is having the time of his life.