Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

What a beautiful day! Sunny and warm temps in the 70's. We went to a concert and out to brunch. I splurged and had real whip cream in my coffee. Shucks, I should have gotten some Khalua in it too.

Today the boys worked on go outs to a target. I use the ring stantion with a medicine cap stuck to it for a target. I put food on the medicine cap. Our goal was to mark the target and drive out to it by starting out about a foot away and increasing the distance to about 20 feet.

We also worked on directed jumping. Sidney is still new at this exercise so I kept him on a flexi. They both really respond to the hand signals well. I moved then further and further off center from the jump.

Since we were training in the backyard, I couldn't play all my fun recall games since they involve tossing food. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and I can build my own indoor training facility.

The end of April Jasper we'll be shooting for another leg in Open A at Timonium Fairgrounds. Hopefully we'll get to go to another show-n-go before that show.


No comments: